Have you ever had a tooth cleaning this past year? Dentist Summerville SC cleanings are not just for keeping your smile bright; they may have a substantial effect on your overall health. Insufficient oral hygiene has been linked to many serious illnesses. Associated dental and medical problems include bone loss, cardiovascular disease, strokes, cancers, and several other issues. Brushing and flossing at home are essential, but to guarantee teeth are healthy and thoroughly clean, you should schedule normal check-ups with your dentist and yearly dental cleanings with your dental hygienist.
Here are the Top Ten Reasons for Obtaining Your Smile in Great Shape:
- To Prevent Oral Cancer- in line with the Oral Cancer Foundation, someone dies from oral cancer, every hour of each day in America alone.
- To avoid Gum Disease- Gum disease is an infection in the gum tissues and bone that keep your teeth in position and is among the main causes of tooth loss. If treatment isn’t obtained, a more serious and complex stage of gum disease may follow. A dental cleaning every six months helps to keep your teeth and gums healthy and might possibly lower your risk of cardiovascular disease and strokes.
- To Keep your Teeth Safe- Since gum disease is one of the major causes of tooth loss in adults, routine dental check-ups and cleanings, brushing and flossing are very important to maintaining as many teeth as possible. Keeping your teeth means better chewing function and better health.
- To Detect Dental Issues Historical – Your dentist and hygienist will have the ability to detect any early signs of problems with your gums or teeth. Early detection of cavities, broken fillings and gum disease may be treatable.
- To Maintain Good Oral Health- Dentist Goose Creek Sc will help to make certain that you’re keeping your good oral health by visual examination and assessing your dental check-ups. If you’re falling off course with your dental hygiene, your hygienist will help put you back on the right path.
- To Use Your Dental Plan- Dental insurance plans usually cover all or the majority of the expense of dental cleanings and check-ups each six months. Make the most of this and save a whole lot of money in the future by avoiding expensive dental procedures that could result from poor dental hygiene. If you cannot afford insurance, get a discount dental program for a few dollars per month, and you’ll cover a significantly reduced price for those procedures. Even if the cleaning is not free, it is cheap with a discount program. It’s more expensive later on in the event you don’t look after these preventive things up front.
- To Create a Strategy for Treatment- If your dentist diagnoses any issues in your mouth, he will probably give you a treatment program. This treatment plan needs to have the cost of each procedure you will need, so you may discuss financial arrangements with the front office.