If you have ever been in a car accident, you might be aware of the term Soft Tissue Injury (STI). It is one of the most common injuries a person can have after an accident.It can also happen due to the overuse of ligaments, tendons, or muscles. Soft tissue injuries are the result of anabrupt movement like stepping awkwardly off a curb and rolling over your ankle. These are injuries thatdoctors see almost every day at auto injury treatment center Phoenix AZ.
The most common soft tissue injuries
There are several types of soft tissue injuries which can be treated as several knee pain clinic Phoenix AZ
- Ankle Spain
- Back Strain
- Calf Strain
- Golfers/Tennis elbow
- Hamstring strain
The difference between a strain and a sprain?
Tendons are fibrous bands that attach muscles to bone. Any sort of disrupting to muscles or tendons due to overstretching or overusing can be referred to as a ‘strain’. It can happen to any parts of the body and if you ever experience this type of pain, you should not hesitate to speak to one of the experts at different neck pain clinic Phoenix AZ. Trauma by over-stretching of ligaments is referred to as a ‘sprain’. Generally, a sprain occurs in the back and knee muscles as they are the one which can be most affected in an accident. Usually, it can take anything between seven days to several weeks depending upon the severity of the injury to recover completely. Moreover, the best way to be confirmed about that is to consult a physiotherapist at anyback pain clinic Phoenix AZ who can prescribe a powerful treatment plan that can help you to recover at a fast pace. Strains and sprains are both very common and can occur from accidents during sport, at home or at work.
There are three levels of severity
- Grade 1 strain or sprain (mild)
- Minimal over-stretching. Possible minor microscopic tearing of fibers
- Mild tenderness and minimal swelling
- Grade 2 strain or sprain (moderate)
- Partial tear of fibers
- Moderate pain, tenderness, and swelling
- Unable to apply loading to the injured area without pain
- Grade 3 strain or sprain (severe)
- Complete rupture of structure
- Significant pain and swelling
- Inability to use the injured structure
- Instability of the affected joint
When you have a soft tissue injury, there is generallyinstant pain along with immediate or delayed swelling. Stiffness is also very common as a result of the trauma and swelling. Bruising may also develop after 24-48 hours.
How can you be sure about visiting a hospital post any soft tissue injury?
You can have a detailed diagnosis of your body part:
- If it is hard for you to put any weight on the injured structure
- There is an unusual deformity or shape
- Any surrounding bony structures are painful
- If you are facing any sort of numbness or pins and needles
For more info : – Chiropractor Phoenix AZ